What your podiatrist in Indianapolis and Crawfordsville wants you to know
Poor blood circulation in your feet can be caused by a variety of medical conditions including diabetes, arterial blockage, blood clots or an injury to your foot. No matter what the cause of your poor foot circulation is, your podiatrist can help.
Dr. Yong Chae at Active Podiatry wants to share the facts about poor foot circulation. He has two convenient office locations in Indianapolis and Crawfordsville, IN, to help you take care of your feet.
You may have poor circulation in your feet if you experience:
- Cold toes and feet in all weather conditions
- A numb feeling in your feet and toes
- Cramping or a “pins and needles” feeling in your feet
- Dry skin even if you are well-hydrated
- Water retention and swollen feet
- Varicose veins in your legs
There are medical conditions that cause poor foot circulation including diabetes, deep vein thrombosis and other circulatory conditions. There are also lifestyle issues which can lead to poor circulation. You can help prevent poor circulation in your feet by:
- Quitting smoking
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Getting enough exercise
- Moving around regularly instead of spending long hours at the computer
If you have poor foot circulation, your podiatrist can help. There are many ways to effectively treat your feet, including:
- Wearing insulated socks or boots to help maintain a normal temperature
- Wearing compression stockings to add support and increase blood flow
- Medications to increase blood flow
- Nutritional and medicinal supplements
Poor circulation in your feet is just one of the conditions your podiatrist in Indianapolis and Crawfordsville can treat. For a complete listing of available treatments, please visit the services page on the website at http://www.activepodiatry.com/services.html
You don’t have to let poor foot circulation stop you in your tracks. Get some help from an expert. Call Dr. Chae at Active Podiatry, with convenient locations in Indianapolis and Crawfordsville, IN, to serve you. Protect your feet by calling today!